Our institution wants to take part in this Partnership in order to contribute to the development of European dimension in the educational system and practice by providing examples of innovative practices in educational process, based on ITC and interdisciplinary approach, intercultural exchanges between teachers and students, based on understanding and accepting the European diversity.
The concrete objectives of the project are:
1. to establish an active cooperation between our school and another similar European school by acquainting the spiritual values of both institution and by shearing the common European values on cultural, educational, managerial and human relations levels; to this purpose, we intend:
· To establish different channels to communicate between school managers, teachers and students;
· To learn how to co-operate in projects using new technologies;
• To get students to know their own immediate background l as well as European, and to comprehend its importance ;
· To raise a greater awareness of the European Dimension of education;
· To exchange examples of good practices in different fields and of education.
2. to promote the enhancing of students' motivation and performance in different fields of education by learning in cooperation, group activities, interactive methods of teaching, virtual lessons, a stimulative system of evaluation; we intend:
· To perform lessons with intercultural working group;
· To use the virtual lessons on the project site;
· To develop studies outside and inside the school, using modern methods such as co-operative learning, case studies, research and problem solving;
• To foster communication and information technology skills
· To create models of didactic material and methods of teaching in various school subjects;
· To increase self-evaluation and mutual evaluation of student's activities in common task solving.
3. to encourage learning of foreign languages less used in educational system by giving students the possibility to practice their foreign language skills (English as a means of learning) and acquaint themselves with the language of the partner country; we propose to:
· To learn the basics of the language used in the partner institution;
· To improve the knowledge and study of foreign languages (English as a means of learning);
· To create opportunities for the students and teachers to work together at a multilingual dictionary, in the languages of the partner institutions;
· To become conscious of the importance of language learning in the European context.
4. To support inovation and creativity, since these are the major values in the European focus of the first year of project, 2009 by sharing innovative methods of teaching, facing students to the to the competitive professional context provided by the global changes; we intend:
· To stimulate students' interest in science (mathematics, entrepreneurship, biology, chemistry, physics) and ICT;
· To foster communication and information technology skills;
· To encourage interdisciplinary approach and make connection between theory and practice;
· To practice the students' ability in entrepreneurship;
· To enhance the role of science in present times and the role of the main scientifical discoveries in humanity’s evolution;
· To promote the cultural and scientific background of every partener country;
· To sustain innovative practice in teaching different subjects;
5. To enrich and diversify the partners’ knowledge and skills on latest scientific breakthroughs problems we face today individually and globally.
· To promote a succesful creative approach in management and school administration;
· To cultivate aesthetic capacity through artistic self-expression and to develop creative skills by participation in cultural events related to the national heritage of partner countries.
6. To promote the cooperation between students, teachers and partener school administration/ manager in order to enhance the quality of education, by direct contacts during the mobilities, exchange of materials, ideas and information on net; we intend:
· To encourage virtual exchanges of good practices, parent collaboration with the institution, evaluation criteria and voluntary student activities;
· To promote mesures to improve the educational process at the level of every partener school;
7. To establish social contacts with the other gender, with adults and with young people from abroad.
• To widespread ideas and materials created by the participants of the diverse countries;
· To forward, implement and develop the LifeLong Learning key competences among the institutions involved;
· To create opportunities of cooperation based on mutual confidence, respect and positive thinking.
6. To strenghten the relation between key competences at European level and learning to be an „Active citizen”, by providing informal, extra-curricular activities for the students, involving students of both partner institutions in common projects related to the different subjects; we aim to:
· To initiate common projects for the students of both school partner;
· To provide access to the local cultural, social events;
· To involve students in scientific investigations focused on measures, models and conservation of the integrity of environment in each region of partner schools, both now and in the future;
· To develop specific skills related to the self-knowledge and personal development.
Subjects and problems we intend to address
The project will contribute to the enhancing of quality and promotion of innovations in the topics and fields under discussion. We intend to develop the entreprising skills in students as to be ready for the economic and social chalanges the country and other EU states is facing nowadays. Such purpose cannot be better served than planning and pursuing various research concerning the situation of the cities, regions, countries, acknowledging the functions of EU institutions, forwarding a joint cooperation between the students/ the teachers from different states.
The promotion of language learning associated to the use of the English language will be essential in accomplishment of the project. Interest and curiosity will stimulate a wider view of the world for the students and will help to remove stereotypes and conventions that hinder the reciprocal understanding of the various cultures. People from various cultural, ethnics, religious group will become aware of the today’s society’s common heritage but also common aspirations. Participants to the Project will acquire satisfaction from contributing to the promotion of their community, city and school on an European level.
To these purposes, the project will focus on:
- development of creative skills in students and teachers, in a multitude od activities;
- encouraging people to study more foregn languages and improve those they already know;
- developing competitiveness and group work;
- stimulating people around to gey involved in european partnership and ideas;
- fighting discrimination and the negative image on Romania around europe and especially in the partner country;
- International cooperation;
- enhancing professional and ethical qualities;
- eliminating misperception and poor communication;
- encourage acceptance, tolerance, respect for common values and for our diversity;
- exhange of good practices at various levels;
- transparency of information;
- Access to culture and its research;
- Access for all to the ICT and using new technologies;
- Active citizenship;
- Quality in cultural interaction;
- innovation in the methodological process.
- Foreign Languages;
- Optional classes for learning DANISH & Romanian;
- Arts; Environment, Sciences; History;
- Religious Education;
- English as a Second Language;
Approach to achieve our objectives :
A communicative approach, based on the use of I.C.T. and foreign languages, will be used throughout the whole phases of the project. First of all, teachers will exchange information with the colleagues of the partner schools and work together on common topics and common didactic activities. Having an effective communication along the two years will lead to the success of the project; we will constantly keep in touch regarding all details of our activities, will ask for opinions or make suggestions. Last but not least, the project meetings are an ideal medium for ensuring communication is the key factor of the projects’ positive outcomes.
The active participation of pupils is principal to our plans. Schools will ensure that at every stage boys and girls are equally represented, therefore we have an approach of nondicrimination. Any displays or website materials produced are done by boys, girls and pupils from different ethnic or religious backgrounds. The project offers equal participation of female and male students and educational staff; all activities involve the both sexes, with a similar role and contribution to work of the project. Our homogenous international project team will collaborate on the best of terms.
Our work will also imply the following approaches:
• extraordinary support and motivation in diverse curricular areas, especially the scientific and foreign languages;
• compromising from students, teachers and families for the project’s development;
• diffusion and dissemination of the ideas and results through new technologies;
• cooperation and teamwork methods and activities;
• acquiring and applying an in-depth education on the project topics;